Fabrics-store.com

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dayton, here I come!

This past weekend I was able to buy my tickets to fly to Dayton, OH for WGI championships! I also got my hotel and rental car. My ticket for finals is bought and I will buy my ticket for prelims/semis when I get there.

This is a bittersweet trip for me. This will be our daughter's last year with WGI/DCI. When our son aged out of DCI in 2007 it was difficult but I knew I still had our daughter to watch on the floor and on the field competing. Now, I will no longer have a child competing in either WGI or DCI.

I'm not totally sure why this is hitting me so hard. I always went to practices and competitions. When we moved to MD and she stayed behind in ME it was difficult to lose that connection with our daughter and the guard world. I no longer had a close connection with the guard world. I guess that must be it.

I continue to work with guards, but I don't have that close connection I felt when working with guards with my daughter and being there like I used to be. I almost feel like I'm grieving for a lost friend. I still have guard there and I can follow DCI and WGI every year, but it's just not the same.

I can't wait to get to Dayton to watch all the shows, but I know I will be a mess of tears once she has left the floor for the last time.

No comments: