Fabrics-store.com

Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm at a loss for words...

I received the news this morning that my grandmother had passed away. She was my last living grandparent. It's a bit odd to think I no longer have grandparents here on earth with me. My kids are almost 21 and almost 24, so they were fortunate to have a great grandmother as long as they did.

I find myself remembering fun times with her and all my family. The times going to White Sands, the rodeo, and so many others. The time she bribed me with a brooch of hers if I would let my father pull the splinter out of my foot.

I also find myself in some sort of a loss for my "place". For more than 45 years I was a grand daughter, daughter, mom and aunt. Now I'm just a daughter, mom and aunt.

I guess it's the cycle of life and we all move through this. I've been here before and I know I'll pass through and come out the other side fine. It just hurts in the meantime.

No comments: